Collingwood House League
Collingwood Baseball runs In-House programs for all teams Mosquito(tyke) and under.
New for 2017 Mosquito(tyke) will be an In-house league with a minimum of travel outside of Collingwood for Games!
Peewee,Bantam, and Midget Teams play in the SSMBA League.
This league is a travelling Local League and includes teams from around Simcoe County: SSMBA
What do I need to play baseball?
· Baseball glove
· Running shoes or cleats (no metal spikes)
· Baseball batting helmet (new for 2017 Players must provide their own Approved Batting Helmet Sr rookie and above)
· Helmet cage (Sr Rookie division)
· Protective athletic support
· Grey Baseball Pants (sr rookie and above)
How long does the season run?
Our season typically runs from mid. May until middle of August.
What does the registration fee cover?
The base registration fee may help cover the following items: (examples)
· Field rental/maintenance costs paid to the Town Of Collingwood
· Lighting costs paid to the Town Of Collingwood
· Uniforms, including a jersey, and hat
· Umpire fees (if applicable)
· Equipment including baseballs, bats, bases and catchers gear, training aids
· Team pictures
· End of year awards
· Player and coach insurance
Where are the games played?
House league games are played at one of our in town Baseball diamonds, possibly minimal travel to Neighbouring community.
What time do House League games begin?
Games generally begin no earlier than 530 for Grand Slam, Sr rookie. Mosquito and PeeWee usually begin at 6:30pm. Some weekend games are possible. Bantam and Midget games vary based on the South Simcoe Baseball League scheduling.
How do I apply to be a coach for a House League team?
At the time of your initial registration, you can indicate your willingness to be a volunteer/coach. The convenor of the division you have chosen will be in contact to discuss filling out a Coaches Form was well as getting a valid Criminal Record Check completed which includes a Vulnerable Sector Screening. All information will be submitted to the Executive Committee for approval.
I cannot commit full time but still want to volunteer...how can I help?
We understand everyone has different availabilities surrounding their volunteering as a coach. If you are unable to be the head coach due to potential scheduling conflicts, we would still welcome your help as an assistant coach. Please indicate your interest on the registration form at the time of registration. We also require Team managers and volunteers for a variety of events throughout the season.