Parental Code of Conduct
Everyone involved in sports – from parents and spectators to athletes, officials and coaches can and should lead by example. The easiest way to do this is to respect the written and unwritten laws of the game.
- Please advise the coach of any of your child’s absences in advance
- Please make sure that your child is on time for games and practices.
- Encourage your child to play by the laws of the game.
- Consider the physical safety of team players at all times
- Avoid any altercations, physical and verbal, with persons involved with the game
- Remember children play for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Make sure your behavior sets a good example.
- Respect the role of coaches for being fully responsible for coaching during games.
- Do not interfere, let them do their job.
- Display respect for the umpire and his/her decisions at all times.
- Please assist in making playing baseball a pleasant experience for all involved by volunteering whenever possible
- Applaud good plays by your team and the opposing team.
- All parks in Collingwood are smoke-free, alcohol-free, drug-free
- Provide only positive comments to all players and spectators (home and visitors).
- Turn defeat into victory by emphasizing the value of honest effort, skill improvement and fair play.
This Code of Conduct should be supplemented with a high degree of common sense and keeping the best interests of the players and the game in mind. Please read this Code of Conduct and embrace its content and spirit. Violation of the guidelines will result in disciplinary actions that could include, but are not limited to, verbal and/or written warnings, as well as coach, parental, and in extreme cases, player suspension. Let’s have a great year.